Tuesday 9 December 2008

Ocarina music - well sort of...

I've had a look for some examples of the ocarina pieces we have been learning and came across some interesting videos:

First up - a man playing a two part canon of Twinkle Twinkle with a video of himself. Only one difference is that his ocarina is made of a carrot. Yes you did read that correctly - a carrot:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUAm2akrIA

And for those of you practising Kumbaya, here it is being played on a real ocarina:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkuj9uwXstw

Happy practising!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr H....long time no see!!

How are you and hows teaching at princess may? I'm always checking the blog, visiting the websites and seeing the comments(which there arent any so far)!

We have done our first assesments and for english, science and maths I got 6b.

Good luck with your christmas performance and tell your class how good and helpful I was!

Raneem:)

Mr Hanley said...

Hi Raneem!

Great to hear from you! Level 6B? That's brilliant - well done! I will be telling my class just what's possible if you work as hard as you do :)

I think I might need to show the children in my new class how to post comments as I don't think they've spotted it. A few BICDs might get them going :)

How's the music going? Have you wowed them with your ICT skills yet? I don't suppose you've time to be the HF junior technician like at HQ!

Anonymous said...

hi mr h
hows it going at princess may i hope u r having a great time
in HF i'm learning how to play the key board and the piano well so far i'm doing great and i learnt lots of songs with 2 hand.

bye lyna