Thursday 2 July 2009

Game Maker 7

Here's the link to the YoYo Games web site where you can download the Game Maker program:
http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/try

There are also some tutorials on the site which will help you to master programming your own games.

A great tutorial by an 11 year old boy on how to make platform games:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfdKS6NHjWI

You can find them here:
http://www.yoyogames.com/make/tutorials

Even better, here is a link to an electronic version of a brilliant book all about making games with Game Maker:
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=4mXksWmedYYC&printsec=frontcover

The book normally costs about £30 in the shops! You would have to find some sprites to replace the ones used in the games in the book though :(

Have fun - be sure to bring in any games that you make at home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiii! mr hanley,
how's the summer been?
hows the class room going
to be when the new yr 6 are
going in? i cant wait to go
stokey i went to petchy &
its really good!

[fahmida]
my blog is at vanessahudgensidentifiedfans.blogspot.com
thanks

Mr Hanley said...

Hi Fahmida! My summer has been great so I'm now looking forward to being back at school for the new term.

I'm really glad you're looking forward to going to Stokey - I think you'll do brilliantly - especially in ICT!

Enjoy your last few days of holiday :)

Anonymous said...

hi mr h its lyna here so hows it going
i am in algeria now and having a great time with my cousins


by lyna

Mr Hanley said...

Hi Lyna!

Great to hear from you. Sorry for the delay - I have just got back from my own holiday too. I hope you had a great time in Algeria.

Things are going well. Just about ready for the new term. My school has just got some brand new laptops like the ones at HQ, so that'll keep me busy for a while!

Enjoy Year 8!

Anonymous said...

hey mr hanley has schoool started in princess may?
I started stokey today and I was around the whole new building!
I hope to see everyone someday?

Mr Hanley said...

I hope your first day at Stokey went well - sounds quite exciting.

The children all started back at Princess May on Monday so everybody's now just about settled back in. Lots of work to do but also some nice things to get used to like new laptops and wireless network.

Have a great first week!

Anonymous said...

hi sir this is raneem:)
just wanted to say that i hope you had a fantastic holiday. so far year 8 has gone pretty well for the first few days. However it does seem weird not being the youngest anymore!! My results for year 7(AP3) are very good and impressing. I managed to reach a level 7b in maths and 6's in english, science, geography, history, I.C.T(cheer up mr H) and music! But sadly P.E has been a nightmare so far, as this year we have the strictest teacher you can ever meet!:)

hope you enjoy your second year at princess may!